Skip to main content

Featured

JannPaul White Series Lab Diamonds

polls   Repeated Visit  To recap, during our last visit in 2020, Eugene Seah  walked through with us on the  what we should look out for when choosing a diamond, before introducing their White Series Decagon diamonds . Ever since that visit, we have occasionally dropped by the store to look at their jewellery collection. JANNPAUL Lab Diamonds Recently, we discovered that JP started to carry lab diamonds. Hence, we decided to drop by their store again to find out more from Eugene, about the lab diamonds in colorless and fancy colors.  The lab diamonds from JP are are guaranteed to be free from stria or off hues and are all Type IIa, the chemically purest makes and are AGS or GIA certified only. They are available from D to F colors, fancy pink and blue, with  VVS1 to VS1 clarity. - uses the highest quality carbon seeds only - never reuse our carbon seeds - do not add catalysts (eg. Boron, Aluminium or titanium ) to speed up the growth process - their growing chambers are contaminant

Search for the ultimate PINK Fancy Colored Diamond continues

After concluding my quest for the almost perfect diamond ring at James Allen, the search for that evasive Pink Fancy Colored Diamond (FCD) continues.

I love pink. Not those neon pink, but the soft, pastel feminine pink. My research landed myself at James Allen (JA) and Leibish.

James Allen has a sizeable inventory of Fancy Color Diamond collection too




After a successful purchase, I have more confidence in getting a FCD from JA. In addition, JA's filtering function helps me to narrow my search very quickly, which is another reason why I kept going back to JA. Furthermore,  the 360-degree high-definition images, that are magnified up to 40 times, helps me to discern the colors and in the inclusions, which are very common in FCD, more easily. 

However, unlike the search filter offered by Leibish, I am unable to filter the collection based on overtone. This is important to me since I am looking for Pink FCD with either pink or purple overtones.

Leibish, a multinational online retailer of fancy color diamonds, color diamond jewelry, and rare gemstones


Leibish was frequently mentioned and I was very excited to manage to shortlist the 0.29 carat, Light Pink Diamond, Cushion Shape, VS1 Clarity, GIA. However, as I am unsure how the strong blue fluorescence will impact a Light Pink FCD's color, I decided to seek help from the virtual assistants.

Meira from Leibish attended to my concerns. Since I am obviously a noob, I requested for some real-life photos (both indoors and outdoors) to assess the color and the impact (if any) from the UV in the sunlight. 


Images taken by Leibish

Indoor photos; the light pink FCD has picked up most colors from its surrounding. Hence, the light pink is barely noticeable.
 


Images taken by Leibish

The color looks better when it rested on the fingers, since it picked up the skin color.



Images taken by Leibish


The light pink color looks slightly better here too. Most probably the studio has a more sterile and conducive environment for FCD photography.




Images taken by Leibish

Outdoor photos; unsurprisingly, the light pink FCD has picked up most colors from its surrounding too. Clearly, the light pink is barely noticeable...



Images taken by Leibish

The helpful experienced FCD forummers from Pricescope also affirmed my worst fears; the light pink color which I have chosen for my FCD, will mostly be Colorless instead of Colored. *Ouch* 😟

The search continues...


Comments

Popular Posts